Optimization of facility budget. How to plan works correctly
The coronavirus pandemic is spreading rapidly around the world. Today, about 20% of the world’s population is quarantined. In this situation, business in almost all sectors of the economy suffers serious losses, and Ukraine is no exception.
The costs associated with the operation of the property are a rather expensive budget item, so it is logical that their optimization will help reduce the load.
If the building is closed during quarantine, then there are several points worth paying attention to:
- During this period, it is necessary to carry out disinfection of the building. Depending on the type of property, it is best to do this either before it is completely closed or before opening.
- It is worth making sure that all electronics and lights are turned off, systems and equipment are turned off, water is shut off. These simple steps will reduce the potential cost of electricity and water.
- Be sure to check fire systems, drainage systems in order to reduce the risks of emergencies
- In order to avoid illegal penetration, looting and hooliganism, protection must be taken into account. It is best to turn to physical protection, since automatic systems in this case will be less efficient
If the property continues to function, then maintenance work on the property should be changed taking into account the following factors:
- During quarantine, many employees switch to a remote mode of operation, which means that the cleaning schedule can be reviewed.
- To save resources, it is worth it if it is of course possible to optimize the space: unused office premises can be closed, as well as unused utility rooms, etc.
- Since Ukraine is already switching to the summer mode of operation of the systems, timely maintenance of ventilation and air conditioners, turning off heating systems optimizes costs
Such simple steps will help reduce costs and optimize costs during this difficult period, as well as secure the human and material resources of the company.